“Are you okay?”
We all know the feeling. When we want to know…do they really want to know?
We say, “Fine”. But really, nothing can be further from the truth. Do they really want to know what’s going on? Do they really want to know how we are doing? Are they ready to hear about the mess going on in our hearts?
We’ve all been there. When, if we’re honest with ourselves, we’re really not okay.
I’ve gathered a list of a few songs that help me to refocus when I feel like this. That remind me of Who is control of everything. To blast in my ears: I’m not alone.
1. I’m Not Alright by Sanctus Real from the album: The Face Of Love
This is the song that I have played on repeat. Over and over…
2. Never Alone by Barlow Girl from the album: BarlowGirl
I wasn’t even a teen yet, but going through some really tough times–I just couldn’t feel God. This song reminded me about how, no matter how I’m feeling, He is always there. And I’m never alone.
3. Stand in the Rain by Super Chick from the album: Beauty From Pain 1.1
4. Falling Into Place by The Afters from the album: Never Going Back To OK
A solid reminder of how God uses all things for His own glory, and for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
5. Never Left Your Side by Stellar Kart from the album: ALL IN
Bonus: The Last Night by Skillet from the album Comatose
I am comforted in that I won’t ever spend another dark night alone, without His strong arms around me.
What are your favorite songs to listen to you when you’re (not) okay? What do you think of my list? Do any of these songs speak to your heart?